Forest Business Connections
For politicians the local elections on the second are a key May date. But for businesses in the Forest of Dean the most important date is May 8th for making connections that matter.
This is when three key elements of running small and medium sized businesses come together for the morning at Vantage Point in Mitcheldean.
Forest Means Business Breakfast Meeting
The Forest Means Business events ran successfully for many years drawing in over 100 businesses of all types in the Forest of Dean. Earlier this year it was relaunched to provide again:
- Key networking opportunities of meeting new and known people informally and then over breakfast. Networking done well is always a business generator.
- To hear speakers on topics affecting business in the area. A business strategy needs to identify opportunities and threats like these and the support that is useful.
The 8th May will feature important discussions on what support services businesses would value from its local Growth Hub that is due to be launched this summer. There are also updates from the Forest Economic Partnership, Gfirst LEP and FSB.
The event is free to attend, but the after meeting breakfast is £5. Book your space to benefit by following this link
Forest Enterprise Fair
It is the sixth year that the Forest of Dean Entrepreneurs has arranged the Forest Enterprise Fair to celebrate area businesses through exhibitions and seminars. Fuelled by your breakfast, it’s a great opportunity to find out more or just pop in for half hour. There’s no need to book.
Again the key business opportunities are networking and information. Current seminars include:
- 10:15 – Forest Business Success Stories – Panel of Local Firms. Find out how others are making their businesses work locally.
- 11:30 – Support for Local Business – Growth Hub. Discover the plans for the Forest Growthhub at VantagePoint.
- 12:45 – Launching your Business – Start Up and Grow Enterprise. If your business is less than 3 years old or just about starting, then take advantage of this free project.
Opportunity to Influence
Regardless of what happens on Brexit, the national government strategy for business is its new Industrial Strategy. Much has already been achieved in planning this framework at national and sector levels. The drive is now to create the Local Industrial Strategy for each LEP.
Gfirst commenced its formal work in April and at 1.30 will be sharing their ideas and needs through presentation and discussion. This is a must attend event for any business in the Forest with aspirations to grow.
A large turnout will demonstrate the real importance of business to the area. This was shown in the recent Gloucestershire agrifood and rural economy and Forest of Dean 203 square miles of opportunity reports. Engaging creates opportunities to influence the outcomes to reflect our real needs.
So 8th May offers multiple opportunities for Forest of Dean businesses between 7.30 and 2.30 to network, gain useful information and provide essential feedback. All of which enables our business to grow in the way we desire. I look forward to hearing about your business on the 8th.